What is the role of a Parent Forum?
The Parent Forum in Llangan has been established to create an environment where all parents know that their views matter, and where they feel confident and comfortable putting them forward. They work on behalf of all parents to discuss educational matters that are of importance to all. They do not get involved in individual matters relating to children or staff in the school.
Llangan Parent Forum:
- Works in partnership with the school;
- Provides a voice for parents in schools and in their local authority on issues that are important to them;
- Improves the school’s understanding of how to engage parents in their children’s learning and in the life of the school;
- Supports the school to develop strong home/school partnerships;
- Communicates regularly with all parents to both hear their views and keep them informed;
- Supports improvement by discussing the school’s strengths and areas for development from a parental perspective;
- Helps make links with the wider community;
- Captures the unique and varied skills, interests, knowledge and experience that parents can offer.