School Meals- Big Fresh
The school has a kitchen and cook (Mrs Meek) who works for Big Fresh. The Big Fresh Catering Company provides delicious, innovative food services for schools, business and events.
Information about Big Fresh Cateirng Company
We pride ourselves on delivering healthy and balanced food cooked by passionate, problem solving teams. Loads of our fresh ingredients are from local growers with a mission to seek out and find fresh suppliers, well in short – to keep things Big and Fresh.
We are driven by a Big Fresh initiative where all profits generated from our corporate and private business are invested straight back into the lovely schools we work with.
We work closely with Llangna School and local suppliers to provide a professional service with the best local produce. Our menus are thoughtfully put together to make sure our customers are getting the nutrients needed. Please feel free to contact us to ask any questions you may have regarding our service.
- We provide an innovative and healthy menu that meets the Health Eating Regulations (Wales) 2013
- Our menus run on a 3 week cycle
- Allergen information is readily available across our provision
- Our team ensures legislative compliance to all aspects of Food Safety and Welsh Government Standards
- Staff are provided with training to ensure they are equipped to comply with all aspects of food safety from ordering, preparation, cooking, serving and cleaning of all food and equipment in the delivery of a school meal.
- Our Area Managers audit every kitchen on an annual basis, to provide reports to Senior Management and Head Teachers. Environmental Health Officers also audit the kitchens on a regular basis and provide a Food Hygiene Rating Scheme award.
- We work closely with the medical profession to provide specific dietary requirements.
- Regular SNAG (School Nutrition Action Groups) meetings are set up so that pupils, parents and schools are involved in the decision about the food they serve in their schools.
- All food used for the school meal service and other areas of the business are procured via EU Public Procurement regulations via Sell2Wales.
Our menu continues to follow the Welsh Government’s Food and Nutritional Standards set out in the Healthy Eating (Wales) Regulations 2013.